If you were injured while under a doctor’s care, you may want to talk to a medical mistake lawyer Brooklyn residents trust. You may be entitled to compensation. An experienced lawyer may be able to help you pursue a lawsuit against the doctor who caused your injuries.
Common Types of Medical Mistakes
- Surgical Errors: Every type of surgery is a serious matter, so it is important for a surgeon and medical staff to be on the top of their game. If a surgeon is very tired or has not properly prepared for a surgery, something may go wrong. Some of the most common types of surgical errors include operating on the wrong body part, leaving a surgical instrument inside the body, and injuring a nerve during surgery.
- Misdiagnosis: Wrong diagnoses make up a large percentage of medical errors, as a medical mistake lawyer Brooklyn locals respect can confirm. If a doctor diagnoses a patient with the wrong illness, that patient will be receiving treating for the wrong condition and delay treatment for the actual issue.
- Anesthesia Errors: If a doctor isn’t careful and precise when administering anesthesia before a surgery, complications can occur, as a medical mistake lawyer Brooklyn residents rely on can verify. For example, an anesthesiologist could give a patient too much or too little anesthesia. There are many types of injuries that can result from anesthesia errors, including spinal cord injuries, brain damage, and tracheal damage.
- Medication Errors: Many medical malpractice cases arise from medication errors. If a doctor isn’t paying careful attention, he or she may prescribe the wrong medication or the incorrect dosage to a patient. If a doctor doesn’t ask about a patient’s full medical history, he or she may prescribe a medication that interacts poorly with a medication the patient is already taking.
- Where did you graduate from law school?
- How many medical malpractice cases do you handle a year?
- Do you think my case is strong?
- What is your contingency fee?
- Do you write or teach on medical malpractice topics?
- Will you be the only lawyer handling my case?
- What is your success rate with medical malpractice cases?