Car Accident Lawyer Brooklyn NY
If you saw or read anything about Bruce Jenner’s fatal auto accident on a celebrity legal news show, you know that there can be a significant legal component to auto accidents resulting in major damages.
If you’ve been injured in a car accident, you will definitely need the advice of a car accident lawyer Brooklyn NY trusts to learn and understand your rights. When you speak with a personal injury lawyer Brooklyn NY respects, you will be in a much better position in terms of obtaining a fair settlement than if you try to handle the matter on your own. However, should you begin the initial phase of communicating with an insurance company after an accident without the aide of a trusted Brooklyn, NY personal injury lawyer, below is a list of tips for you to consider before speaking with your insurance company.
What Should You Say to Your Insurance Company?
- If you can, try to avoid having your conversation recorded. This is not because you will not be honest, but rather because you can report a claim simply by calling the company and reporting the facts.
- Accidents are often complex. Refrain from making judgments or asserting conclusions. Just state the facts: The other driver failed to stop at a red light and struck my car.
- Provide all of the necessary information about the other driver and any witnesses. This includes the name, address, and phone number of the other driver, the name and contact information of the other driver’s insurance company, a description of the damage to the other driver’s car, the the license plate number and any other identifying characteristics of the other driver’s car.
- While it may seem you can handle the matter on your own, the fact is, a personal injury lawyer Brooklyn NY has respect for will be able to navigate the system on your behalf and get the best outcome for you. Let the insurance company know that you may be hiring a personal injury lawyer Brooklyn NY who can offer you advice on the matter.
- If you are injured make sure to tell the insurance company. Don’t downplay your injury. While it’s easy to ignore minor soreness, remember that many people often find themselves in something of a state of shock after an accident and the full effects are not fault until a few days after. Let the insurance company know that you will be seeking medical attention. Seeking medical attention after an accident is very important for your health and recovery, and your Brooklyn NY personal injury attorney will be able to obtain these bills and records to understand more about the value of your car and the seriousness and duration of your injuries.
Contact A Car Accident Lawyer Brooklyn NY Trusts
Getting in a car accident is a traumatic and speaking with your own insurance company after an accident can be very, very stressful; but with the help of an experienced personal injury attorney in Brooklyn, NY, your best interests will be protected. Contact a well-respected car accident attorney Brooklyn NY has to offer, today.